This Is All Kinds Of Wrong of the Day: An author who is investigating the brutal March 2010 beating of a hit-and-run suspect by Pennsylvania State Police officers has made public a video documentary (extremely graphic; Not Safe For Work — repeated expletives) of the incident in which he breaks down the entire assault and subsequent injustices against the victim.
The author, Larry Hohal, believes the police brutality against 31-year-old Robert Leone to be “worse [than] the Rodney King episode in many, many ways.” And his one-man campaign to get the video circulated as widely as possible is picking up steam: protesters rallied in Pennsylvania last week in a call for justice for Leone.
“There’s possibly a good chance that there’s a cover-up at all levels,” said Mike Kitner, a Towanda, PA, resident. “We just want some answers, we want somebody to come down and look into it because we’re not getting any.”
Here’s the back story: In March 2010, Leone was brutally beaten by five state troopers after he refused to pull over when directed. Leone alleges the beatings continued at Memorial Hospital in Towanda, and at police barracks.
He recovered from his injuries, and eventually was found guilty of four charges — simple assault, resisting arrest, fleeing or attempting to elude an officer, and accident involving damage — and sentenced to one and a quarter to four years in prison.
In March of this year, Leone filed a civil suit in federal court against the Borough of Towanda, Pennsylvania State Police, and the five officers who attacked him. He alleges his civil rights were violated and that the officers used excessive force. His parents say he was denied medical attention.
“The paramount point is, he got beat within an inch of his life,” says Frank Leone, Robert’s father.
District Attorney Daniel Barrett says the video does not show real evidence of the whole situation.
The other people that may have opinions on the evidence weren’t there. They can have whatever opinions they want. But that’s why we have courtrooms here and not just plazas out front.
- immorethanjustaname reblogged this from jennaanne01
- becomingmia likes this
- zeafrokid reblogged this from thedailywhat
- vici-0us reblogged this from jennaanne01
- bunnyandducksboathouse reblogged this from jennaanne01
- redlighton likes this
- lindorchocolate likes this
- omgitsconsy likes this
- rawwrchie reblogged this from thedailywhat
- unhyphenated likes this
- dinglehoppper likes this
- maaahryuh reblogged this from jennaanne01
- maaahryuh likes this
- huggs-boson likes this
- foulmouthedliberty reblogged this from truth-has-a-liberal-bias and added:
- itsahsbnthing likes this
- bustaposee reblogged this from thedailywhat
- brick-dust-and-egg-shells reblogged this from thedailywhat
- sabastooge likes this
- kellyfornia likes this
- insanitytranquil likes this
- lazydaydreamin likes this
- theknitter likes this
- teenagearchives likes this
- trashyirony likes this
- snellophone reblogged this from truth-has-a-liberal-bias
- anthonyhasabl0g reblogged this from jennaanne01
- volawrence likes this
- volawrence reblogged this from truth-has-a-liberal-bias
- leeyaah reblogged this from thedailywhat
- pphj reblogged this from thedailywhat
- fknabert reblogged this from truth-has-a-liberal-bias
- jahruletheworld likes this
- janna222 reblogged this from thedailywhat
- soiledphotos likes this
- end-the-republican-mafia reblogged this from truth-has-a-liberal-bias
- questionall likes this
- overlysensitivestudent likes this
- dddnomyar reblogged this from jennaanne01
- vialofricin reblogged this from truth-has-a-liberal-bias
- mishamansoor reblogged this from truth-has-a-liberal-bias
- mishamansoor likes this
- auxiliofaux likes this
- odinsblog likes this
- hungryasians likes this
- truth-has-a-liberal-bias reblogged this from thedailywhat
- theyoungwitch reblogged this from reagan-was-a-horrible-president
- thesekillingsaregorgeous likes this
- mudwerks likes this